High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate
“Due to an overwhelming level of response, funding for the Save Our Water High Efficiency Toilet Program has been expended. No further applications will be accepted at this time. For available water rebates, please contact your local water agency. Thank you for your interest in efficiency and water conservation.
If you have already submitted an application, please expect some temporary delays in processing. Applications will be processed in a first-come, first served order, and you will receive an email notification when your application has been processed. Thank you for your patience!”
REPLACE YOUR TOILET AND RECEIVE UP TO $100
The Department of Water Resources (DWR) has a rebate program that provides rebates for replacing toilets at California single-family residences to support the State's drought response.
The $6 million program budget is expected to support the replacement of 60,000 toilets throughout the state. Up to $100 will be rebated for purchase and installation of one qualified high-efficiency toilet (1.28 gallons per flush or less) per household that replaces a less-efficient toilet (using more than 1.6 gallons per flush).
HOW TO GET YOUR TOILET REBATE
The rebate process is simple. Here is how the process works:
- Check the website to determine if funds are still available for the program.
- Identify a qualified US Environmental Protection Agency WaterSense certified high-efficiency toilet (1.28 gallons per flush or less).
- Purchase a toilet from the qualifying models list.
- Complete the on-line toilet rebate application.
- Receive your rebate approval notice.
- Receive your rebate check!